Capital of Czech Republic
Prague, capital of the Czech Republic, is bisected by the Vltava River. Nicknamed “the City of a Hundred Spires,” it’s known for its Old Town Square, the heart of its historic core, with colorful baroque buildings, Gothic churches and the medieval Astronomical Clock, with a popular show. Completed in 1402, pedestrian Charles Bridge is lined with 30 statues of saints.
The Center for Theoretical Study, the Institute for Advanced Studies, jointly established and run by Charles University in Prague and the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic has joined the Global X-Network as the X-Center Prague.
Center for Theoretical Study (CTS) has following aims:
- to perform high quality theoretical research in diverse fields, ranging from the humanities through the exact sciences;
- to stimulate transdisciplinary approaches to science, encouraging new ways of interaction and cooperation between disciplines;
- to sustain a stimulating environment for young scientists (Ph.D. students, postdoctoral fellows) whose research is not confined to a narrow scientific specialization;
- to create an inspiring environment for visiting scholars from abroad;
- to provide a forum for contacts and interactions between scholars from different disciplines;
- to establish links between Charles University in Prague and the Academy of Sciences.
Center for Theoretical Study (CTS) was established in 1990
More Details about CTS can be found at: CTS Website.
Core Founding Members of the X-Center Prague
Prof. David Storch is the director of the X-Center Prague. See Davids Bio
A full list of publications by CTS can be found here: CTS Publications.